Senior Data Engineer
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 500,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers, and data scientists combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. We are currently in need of a Senior Data Engineer to join this team!
The Senior Data Engineer will partner with software developers, architects, analysts, and data scientists on new initiatives and will ensure consistent and optimal data delivery architecture throughout ongoing projects. The right candidate will be excited to lead and support these upcoming projects: optimizing and re-architecting our company’s release and delivery pipelines, designing new data architecture to support our next generation of products, and implementing new Big Data technologies to enable further data initiatives.
Our infrastructure is 100% cloud based - no on premise or legacy technologies to hold back your work here. The right candidate will be a cloud enthusiast, who will partner with our dedicated Cloud & Foundations Team to drive Data Engineering success!
- Builds the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS and Big Data technologies
- Creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architecture for IMO Data Platform.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements in automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and performance, re-designing data pipeline infrastructure for scalability, availability and reliability, etc.
- Works on a Scrum team with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Architecture, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Works cooperatively with team members to manage conflict constructively and fosters trust, commitment, accountability.
- Experience building and optimizing Big Data pipelines, architectures and data sets with AWS cloud services
- Experience with AWS services like EMR, EC2, S3 and more
- Experience with Big Data tools, such as Spark, Kafka, and others from AWS and Apache.
- Experience utilizing or implementing orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience with object-oriented/functional scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of ETL tools like Talend, Informatica, or similar
- Experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A relevant technical BA/ BS Degree and three years of experience, or five years of relevant professional experience in the data engineering field
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.